RDC is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Computacenter PLC and is Europe's foremost processor of used mobility, desktop and enterprise electronical hardware. Receiving equipment from corporations and government we securely remove data and prepare equipment for reuse in line with the objectives of the circular economy while minimising wastage and maximising product life. We are based in the heart of Braintree's industrial area. Braintree Town centre and Freeport shopping Centre is just a short drive away with access to plenty of shops and restaurants. The offices offer a large open planned working environment, onsite parking 5 days a week and an onsite CafÃ© which serves a variety of meals for breakfast and Lunch.
This role requires the post holder to assist with the production of the monthly management accounts and to analyse and present financial data. They are expected to manage the demands of the post, dealing with problems that may arise in a professional, effective manner and to develop positive relationships with other departments.
Role and Responsibilities
- Produce monthly management accounts.
- Provide analysis of the Profit and Loss and Balance Sheet accounts for review by the Head of Finance.
- Monitor and analyse international service profitability.
- Compute Product Sales Commission and review product margin.
- Be the primary contact with Barclays (for all banking-related matters).
- Manage the annual PCI DSS compliance renewal.
- Liaise with departmental managers re accounting issues.
- Manage debtors and creditors.
- Encourage the adoption of self bill agreements and oversee the correct running of this scheme.
- Supervise bank accounts, surplus funds, and projected cash flows.
- Budget for and monitor expenditure.
- Liaise with HMRC, parent company and external auditors.
- Monitor and develop good accounting practices.
- Develop working knowledge of European VAT/duty/import issues.
- Ad hoc project work for Head of Finance as well as assisting other members of the accounts team.
- Help cover for absent members of the accounting team wherever possible.
Key Deliverables of Job
- Accurate, thorough investigative work resulting in reliable, well-presented output.
- Accurate inputting of information onto AX with consistent descriptions and references.
- Ability to manage large amounts of financial data and to demonstrate a strong understanding of basic accounting principles when interpreting this output.
- Production of information on a timely basis in order to meet internal or external reporting deadlines.
- Able to communicate in a polite, helpful manner with customers, suppliers, colleagues, and other RDC departments.
- Working to priorities as directed.
Skills / Competencies Needed
- At least 3 years of experience in Management Accountant or similar role.
- Professional accounting qualification such as ACCA, ACA or CIMA. â Part Qualified would be considered.
- Computer literate â strong Excel skills.
- Practical knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics 365 or Microsoft Dynamics AX accounting software and Globe Software Atlas 5.1 desirable but not essential.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Good interpersonal communication skills.
- Practical knowledge & experience of commercial financial management and business development.
- Specific knowledge of Accounting regulations and guidelines.
- Practical knowledge of accounting principles.
- Practical knowledge and experience of commercial financial management.
- Practical knowledge of accounting for international services.Â