Last updated: 30th October 2020
RD Trading Limited (RDC) respects your right to privacy. This Privacy Notice explains who we are, how we collect, share and use personal information about you, and how you can exercise your privacy rights. This Privacy Notice only applies to personal information that we collect through web sites owned and published and / or managed and published by RDC (“Website”).
If you have any questions or concerns about our use of your personal information, then please contact us using the contact details provided at the bottom of this Privacy Notice.
We recommend that you read this Privacy Notice in full to ensure you are fully informed. However, if you only want to access a particular section of this Privacy Notice, then you can click on the relevant link below to jump to that section.
What does RDC do?
RDC is a wholly owned subsidiary of Computacenter PLC and is Europe’s foremost processor of mobility, desktop and enterprise electronics hardware. Receiving equipment from corporations and government, securely removing data and preparing equipment for reuse in line with the objectives of the circular economy, minimising wastage whilst maximising product life.
What personal information does RDC collect and why?
The personal information that we may collect about you broadly falls into the following categories:
- Information that you provide
Our Website may ask you to provide personal information: for example, we may ask you to provide your contact details in order to provide you with goods and services requested by your employer, subscribe to marketing communications from us, register for an event or submit enquiries to us. The personal information that you are asked to provide, and the reasons why you are asked to provide it, will be made clear to you at the point we ask you to provide your personal information.
- Information that we collect automatically
When you visit our Website, we may collect certain information automatically from your device. In some countries, including countries in the European Economic Area, this information may be considered personal information under applicable data protection laws.
Specifically, the information we collect automatically may include information like your IP address, device type, unique device identification numbers, browser-type, broad geographic location (e.g. country or city-level location) and other technical information. We may also collect information about how your device has interacted with our Website, including the pages accessed and links clicked.
Collecting this information enables us to speed up access to the site (it bypasses checking the registered user database.). A cookie is a small piece of information sent from RD Trading Ltd to your computer to help us to identify you quickly. It is possible for you to disable these cookies by changing your browser settings, but this may slow down or prohibit access to parts of the site.
We will normally collect personal information from you only (i) where we need the personal information to perform a contract with you, (ii) where the processing is in our legitimate interests and not overridden by your rights, or (iii) where we have your consent to do so. In some cases, we may also have a legal obligation to collect personal information from you or may otherwise need the personal information to protect your vital interests or those of another person.
If we ask you to provide personal information to comply with a legal requirement or to perform a contract with you, we will make this clear at the relevant time and advise you whether the provision of your personal information is mandatory or not (as well as of the possible consequences if you do not provide your personal information).
If we collect and use your personal information in reliance on our legitimate interests (or those of any third party), this interest will normally be so that we can market our goods and services to you, respond to your queries, improve our goods and services, or for the purposes of detecting or preventing illegal activities. We may have other legitimate interests and if appropriate we will make clear to you at the relevant time what those legitimate interests are.
If you have questions about or need further information concerning the legal basis on which we collect and use your personal information, please contact us using the contact details provided under the “How do I contact RDC?” heading below.
Who does RDC share my personal information with?
We may disclose your personal information to the following categories of recipients:
- to the Computacenter group companies, third party services providers and partners who provide data processing services to us (for example, to support the delivery of, provide functionality on, or help to enhance the security of our Website), or who otherwise process personal information for purposes that are described in this Privacy Notice or notified to you when we collect your personal information. A list of our current group companies is available here;
- to any competent law enforcement body, regulatory, government agency, court or other third party where we believe disclosure is necessary (i) as a matter of applicable law or regulation, (ii) to exercise, establish or defend our legal rights, or (iii) to protect your vital interests or those of any other person;
- to an actual or potential buyer (and its agents and advisers) in connection with any actual or proposed purchase, merger or acquisition of any part of our business, provided that we inform the buyer it must use your personal information only for the purposes disclosed in this Privacy Notice;
- to any other person with your consent to the disclosure.
How does RDC keep my personal information secure?
Security is paramount to RD Trading Ltd in respect of your data. We use a variety of software to ensure appropriate security and encryption.
What other countries is my personal data stored in?
Your personal information may be transferred to, and processed in, countries other than the country in which you are resident. These countries may have data protection laws that are different to the laws of your country and, in some cases, may not be as protective.
Specifically, our Website servers are located in London, and the Computacenter group of companies and third party service providers and partners operate around the world. This means that when we collect your personal information we may process in a number of different countries.
However, we have taken appropriate safeguards to require that your personal information will remain protected in accordance with this Privacy Notice. These include implementing the European Commission’s Standard Contractual Clauses for transfers of personal information between our group companies, which require all group companies to protect personal information they process from the EEA in accordance with European Union data protection law. Our Standard Contractual Clauses can be provided on request.
We are implementing similar appropriate safeguards with our third party service providers and partners and further details can be provided upon request.
How long does RDC keep my data for?
We retain personal information we collect from you where we have an ongoing legitimate business need to do so (for example, to provide you with a service you have requested or to comply with applicable legal, tax or accounting requirements).
When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your personal information, we will either delete or anonymise it or, if this is not possible (for example, because your personal information has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store your personal information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
What data protection rights do I have?
You can get in touch with us using the contact details provided under the “How do I contact RDC?” heading below to exercise the following data protection rights:
- Your right to access, correct, update or request deletion of your personal information.
- Your rights to object to processing of your personal information, restrict processing of your personal information or request portability of your personal information.
- Your right to opt-out of marketing communications we send you at any time. To opt-out of email marketing, you can also exercise this right by clicking on the “unsubscribe” or “opt-out” link in the marketing e-mails we send you.
- Your right, if we have collected and process your personal information with your consent, to withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect processing of your personal information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
You also have the right to complain to a data protection authority about our collection and use of your personal information. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority. Contact details for data protection authorities in the European Economic Area, Switzerland and certain non-European countries (including the US and Canada) are available here.
We respond to all requests we receive from individuals wishing to exercise their data protection rights in accordance with applicable data protection laws.
Will this Privacy Notice be updated?
We may update this Privacy Notice from time to time in response to changing legal, technical or business developments. When we update our Privacy Notice, we will take appropriate measures to inform you, consistent with the significance of the changes we make. We will obtain your consent to any material Privacy Notice changes if and where this is required by applicable data protection laws.
You can see when this Privacy Notice was last updated by checking the “last updated” date displayed at the top of this Privacy Notice.
How do I contact RDC?
The data controller of the website is R.D.Trading Limited. If you have any questions or concerns about our use of your personal information, please contact our group data protection officer using the following details: